- We will not sell your personal information that you give to us, including your email, and will only use it for internal purposes.
- We place various cookies on your browser to understand how you’re using the Sitecore Website and how we can then provide you with experiences and offers that align with your needs. Some of the cookies are for third parties that help us advertise and measure the impact of our advertising, which allows us to spend our marketing money thoughtfully. If you don’t like cookies, then please do not browse the Sitecore Website.
The Whole Thing:
The Sitecore Websites
“Sitecore Website” as used in this policy means SITECORE.NET, including all subdomains thereunder. The Sitecore Website is owned, provided by and controlled by Sitecore and its affiliated entities.
The Information We Collect
This notice applies to all information collected or submitted on the Sitecore Website. When you access the Sitecore Website, some information is automatically collected as specified below. No other information is collected through the Sitecore Website unless you deliberately decide to send it to us (e.g., by clicking on a link to send us an e-mail), which is also specified below.
“Automatically Collected Access Information” means the following categories and specific information thereunder:
- “Client Information”: the Internet domain, registered company (if applicable), GeoIP information, and Internet address of the computer you are using.
- “Essential Technical Information”: identification of the page or service you are requesting, type of browser and operating system you are using; and the date and time of access.
- “Nonessential Technical Information”: the Internet address of the web site from which you linked directly to our web site, and the "Cookie Information" described below.
“Optional Information” includes the following information:
- When you send us an e-mail: your name, e-mail address, and the content of your e-mail.
- When responding to online forms or polls or other questions or comment in a blog: any information entered into these forms, polls, questions or blog comment fields.
- When you register an account on the Sitecore Website: your name, e-mail address, and any additional information you provide as part of your registration.
- When you provide credentials to access or authenticate your account via Facebook.com, Linked-in.com, or other third party services: information provided by such third parties.
The Way We Use Information
Client Information is used to route the requested web page to your computer for viewing; in theory, the requested web page and the routing information could be discerned by other entities involved in transmitting the requested page to you - we do not control the privacy practices of those entities. We may keep Client Information obtained from our systems indefinitely after the web page is transmitted.
Essential Technical Information and Nonessential Technical Information help us respond to your request in an appropriate format (or in a personalized manner) and helps us plan website improvements. Additionally, on rare occasions when a "hacker" attempts to breach computer security, logs of Automatically Collected Access Information are collected to permit a security investigation and in such cases may be forwarded together with any other relevant information in our possession to law enforcement agencies.
Optional Information enables us to provide services or information tailored more specifically to your needs, and also allows us to plan website improvements. We may use incomplete Optional Information you have provided to contact you for the purpose of offering additional assistance.
Use of Personally Identifiable Information
We take your privacy very seriously. Any information constituting personally identifiable information, whether about yourself or someone else (hereinafter “Personally Identifiable Information”), is only used to complete your specific request, and we do not share or otherwise distribute Personally Identifiable Information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to complete that request, or in response to a validly-issued subpoena, court order, or other legal process, or when necessary to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims made by you or on your behalf. In such instances we would seek confidential treatment of any of your Personally Identifiable Information so disclosed, but there is no guarantee that confidential treatment can be obtained.
Finally, we agree that we will never use or share Personally Identifiable Information provided to us by you in any way that violates or is otherwise unrelated to the means described in this policy, without providing you with both a clear notice on the Sitecore Website and an opportunity to opt-out or otherwise prohibit such unrelated uses.
So that we may best serve you, you are responsible for ensuring that all Personally Identifiable Information you provide on the Sitecore Website is maintained and kept current.
In order to use some features of the Sitecore Website, you must first complete the registration process. Registration may also occur via your LinkedIn, Facebook or Google account. As part of the registration, you are required to provide certain Personally Identifiable Information as set forth under “Optional Information” above. Further, you acknowledge that when you provide credentials to access or authenticate your account via Facebook.com, Linked-in.com, or other third party services, Sitecore is not responsible for the security of your password, credentials, or other Personally Identifiable Information stored or provided by such services.
The Sitecore Website uses "cookies".
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small text file, which is stored on your computer by the Sitecore Website in order to recognize your computer at recurring visits. We send cookies to your computer when you use the Sitecore Website, respond to online surveys or polls, or request information.
The cookie may transmit information via your browser with a purpose of authenticating or identifying the computer (via e.g., the IP address) or the user. Cookies may contain information such as registration data and user preferences, but would not get access to your Personal Identifiable Information with cookies. When a server receives a request from a computer which stores a cookie from the Sitecore Website, the server is able to use the information stored in the cookie in combination with the information stored on the server. A cookie generally would not collect information from your computer and cannot carry any virus or other damaging files.
- Language and country;
- Log-in information;
- Browser settings and plug-ins; and
- Usage of a Sitecore Website.
The cookies enable Sitecore to remember your settings, thereby avoiding having to ask for the specific information each time you visit.
Third parties - do you use them?
Some of the cookies we use on the Sitecore Website are from third parties that help us advertise, serve content, and measure the impact of our website. Such third parties can be divided into the following categories:
- Advertising: We use third party vendors, including Google, to display ads on sites on the internet. These vendors may use third party cookies to serve ads based on a user's prior visits to the Sitecore Website.
- Social: Some third party cookies enable the visitors of the Sitecore Website to use social media features, like sharing, sending or recommending pages to others. Such third parties include Addthis (provided by AddThis, Inc.), Youtube (provided by YouTube LLC), Facebook (provided by Facebook, Inc.), and LinkedIn (provided by LinkedIn Corp.).
Can I reject and/or delete these cookies?
You may reject and/or delete cookies if you no longer wish to store them on your computer. However, please note that the high quality of the Sitecore Website, including the functionalities and services we provide, may be reduced or will not work as a consequence thereof.
How do I reject and/or delete these cookies?
All browsers permit that you reject and/or delete cookies either one at a time or all at once. The procedure for this depends on the browser you use. We have inserted a link to the most common used browsers below. Please remember to reject/delete cookies in all the browsers you use to visit the Sitecore Website:
- Internet Explorer - click to see page.
- Chrome - click to see page.
- Firefox - click to see page.
- Safari - click to see page.
- Opera - click to see page.
- Flash cookies - click to see page.
- iPhone, iPad and other equipment from Apple; - click to see page.
- All phones and other equipment on Android; - click to see page.
- All phones and other equipment on Windows 7 - click to see page.
Sitecore does not guarantee that the above links provide the correct rejection/deletion procedure and accept no liability in this respect.
You may specifically opt-out of data being collected and used by Google Analytics by installing the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on.
Web Statistics & Shared Data
We collect and use IP addresses to analyze trends, administer the Sitecore Website, track user movement, and gather broad aggregate demographic information for reporting and sponsorship purposes. From time to time, we may also use non-identifiable aggregate information to better design the Sitecore Website.
Providing Information is Your Choice
There is no legal requirement for you to provide any information at the Sitecore Website. However, the Sitecore Website will not work without routing information and the essential technical information. Failure of your browser to provide nonessential technical information will not prevent your use of the Sitecore Website but may prevent certain features from working. For any Optional Information that is requested at the Sitecore Website, failure to provide the requested information will mean that the particular feature or service associated with that part of the web page may not be available to you.
Scope of Policy; Third Party Websites
This policy does not apply to entities that are not owned or controlled by Sitecore.
How to Contact Us
Should you have other questions or concerns about our privacy policies and practices, please contact Sitecore or send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.