Social Marketing starts with recognizing that the balance of power between supplier and consumer has fundamentally changed toward the consumer — and there’s no going back. People now have a voice online that amplifies and echoes across social networks. Every corporate foible and misstep is vilified and parodied online with an immediate impact on sales.
Listen and learn
For the astute marketer, this public social interaction represents a deep source of customer insight and market intelligence – both at an aggregate level and individually. Harnessing the interactions of consumers across social networks, and incorporating that information into salient, targeted marketing messages, provides for a much richer customer experience.
Learn five key ingredients of social media
Build a social media strategy, funnel more leads, and get the most out of user-generated content
Watch the video
Put word-of-mouth to work for you
Your biggest advocates can have a major impact on the overall perception of your brand. You need to provide a platform for them to share their experience — and make it easy for them to recommend you to their own networks.
- Drive online and offline conversations to a branded community that you own.
- Identify influencers by listening to online conversations about your brand.
- Empower fans to spread word-of-mouth messages in their social networks.
Increase your social media ROI
When you integrate social media into your overall customer experience, you directly affect business performance:
- Improve customer satisfaction by being more responsive to those airing grievances publicly.
- Reduce marketing costs by attracting more website visitors organically.
- Increase revenue by using peer reviews and recommendations to drive sales.
Think strategically about social marketing
Social interaction is part of the wider customer experience – one part of a single conversation. Make sure you are taking a strategic approach to social marketing. It’s not just a “nice-to-have” bolt-on. Social marketing is at the heart of every experience platform, a necessary requirement to remain competitive and meet customer expectations.
And it’s built into everything we do. Take a deeper look into the Sitecore® Experience Platform™ to help you master social marketing, today.